Tuesday, May 10, 2011

St. Ives: Timeless Skin

I finally tried St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask! It is actually my sister's. Here's my review:

What I liked about this product is that it is oil-free and has Kaolin Clay. I looked up the Internet and got pretty happy upon discovering what Kaolin Clay does to our skin.

Benefits of kaolin on the skin

This white powder is insoluble and has excellent absorbent qualities. These qualities are used to draw out impurities and toxins and thereby clears the skin of excess oil, dirt, pollutions and other waste materials.

It also stimulates the organic processes in the skin, and acts as a remineralizer of the skin much like thermal mud.

Apart from this, it forms a stable basis for skin masques and can be used on any type of skin.

Let me relay to you a little fact about my facial skin. First. I have oily skin. Second, it is very sensitive. Lack of sleep, too much caffeine intake, too much oil and stress mean PIMPLES. Applying strong products means terribly RED FACE.


Enough of me. More of St. Ives. :P

So, I washed my face with warm water. Lathered the soap my derma gave me. Then washed it again with warm water. I applied the clay mask according to the directions. After 15 minutes, I rinsed it with (guess what? :P) warm water. Why warm water? Warm water not only helps to kill bacteria that naturally grows on the skin, but it also helps to open the pores getting any kind of face wash deep into your skin (Answers.com). I have to agree with MaddyMadeline.
"Another thing I like about this mask it also helps pimples as well. Apply this on the pimple, after washing it off, the pimple is less inflamed or red and it gets rid of the pimple quicker too."
The zit on my chin looks and feels dry now. I applied Hydrocortisone (HC) to hasten the drying-up more. NOTE: Do not apply too much. It has steroids. Apply it occasionally (or as needed).

Another good thing about this product is that it absorbs oil. So after using it, I felt like there was just enough oil on my face. If you have dry skin, do not use it too much. But if you have oily skin, you have to use it at least once or twice a week. Also, you can purchase the product at P194.00. Price is reasonable. The product does not sting when applied. My face did not go red, too.

At the back of the mask container it says, "deep cleans while visibly firming and tightening the skin." Well, I AGREE!

And I just had to add...

Painted my nails GREEN!

1 comment:

  1. Serious?! Endorser ka na ngayon ng mga products?

    ReplyDelete