Monday, June 22, 2009

Listen to The Tears

Let what thrives inside be endowed with life My hand, pen, and paper will be the instruments. My heart will be the guide.

How long can you hold on to something that is uncertain? How much can you give when you were left empty-handed? How deep can you get when you have to discern far beneath the surface?

I look at the mirror. What I see is a fine young lass. Her radiant smile reflects the banal yet unparalleled life she used to have. Competent. Aggressive. Hopeful. But fixing my sight on her eyes lets me see the truth. There are tears uncried. She tries to breathe a word but nothing comes in or out. Her plight is exacerbated by this imbroglio, emasculating the courage of the heart. Some people have the knack for this. When one can no longer explain, he draws a curve line on his face - a smile.Trying to feign, she smiles, and smiles, and smiles, and smiles up until a tear falls. And then another falls. I witness the tears as they freely fall down. On the floor, her tears seem to settle forever. I slowly drop down on my knees as I hear the tears calling me. Coming from the lady's tears, countless groans are heard, pains are felt, emotions are revealed, and the truth is emancipated. Well-explained, oh tears...

There are things destined to be understood through tears. She holds on to something obscure. She gives more when she, herself, is depleting and has nothing left. She searched beyond the deepe
st and most painful part for answers। Do you ask why? Or maybe how? Question my heart, my tears will answer।



The next time she cries, try not to ask. Listes to the tears...

No comments:

Post a Comment