Saturday, November 5, 2011

Raising Leaders

04 November 2011, Friday.

I conducted a leadership seminar at Montessori De Sagrada Familia yesterday. This was the event I was talking about in one of my blogs. (If you so desire, you may click this to check it out.) Personally, I had a lot of fun doing it. My audience was composed of student council officers, all class captains and all club presidents. As I have said, it was a privilege. I reckoned it as such because to be one of the school's options was already overwhelming, but to be chosen to speak before those high school students "who are already leaders" was not like any other. Right now, I am even struggling to come up with the perfect words to provide you with a good description of how I felt. I was just so happy. :}

Gie Santiago, the Vice Governor of the Supreme Student Government, commencing the event through a prayer.

Carmina, the Governor of the Supreme Student Government, giving a speech.

Ma'am Ruby Lopez, my former English teacher and now the Guidance Counselor of Sagrada, spearheaded the event. I was so glad the moment I saw her. We used to call her the "HOT MOMMA." And of course, she still is. :}

Now that's me doing my thing. :}

That's me again - this time asking a student about his dreams.

This portion is what we call Get-to-know-me. I asked the kids about their interests. There was this one girl who answered, "I like you!" And then everyone enjoyed hearty laughs.

***
GAME TIME!!!



'
***
Ma'am Ruby and Carmina giving me a certificate of appreciation.

The entire audience.

Me, feeling very much satisfied and fulfilled.


And to cap it all off, here's one of the most heart-warming messages I have ever received in my entire life:
"It's really amazing how God works in wondrous ways. You used to be my student before but now you will be mentoring other students including ME. :)) Don't hesitate to send me a message if you have other inquiries. Thanks so much!!!"


Really, it was my pleasure and honor. Thank you all. :}

Note: Good boy, thanks for assisting me. God bless you.

***
If your actions inspire others to dream more,
learn more,
do more and become more,
you are a leader.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment